Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bird and Flowers


I'm joining Cindy @ My Romantic Home for Show & Tell Friday.   

I fell in love with this bird and flower picture and purchased it to give to my MIL years ago.  And now it hangs in our powder room.  I love the pinks and greens in it.  Look at lovely hand painted roses around the frame.  Isn't that unusual?  


If you look closely you can see where I added a second wall color by adding stripes to the bathroom wall.  I love the look.  After I painted it and asked hubby if he liked it he said it looked like a circus tent.  LOL!  I bet he was just kidding.  

The stripe I added is a very light, creamy color with a tinge of yellow (not bright yellow at all) - it's a Benjamin Moore paint called "Oriental Silk".   We have this shade painted in all of our bedrooms and our family room and kitchen.   Actually we like it so much we have used it in all of our homes over the years. 

Don't forget to hop on over to Cindy's blog (here) to see other bloggers' Show and Tell Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy.. What a beautiful and unusual frame! The oriental silk is a pretty wall color:-)
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture, it has a serene and tranquil feel - It looks almost as window, offering a view out onto a lovely garden.
    Have a great Friday Sandy,
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun on the Romantic Show and Tell. Truth is there is nothing very ROMANTIC about my stuff, so I have never participated over there. You on the other hand have it made.

    Hang in there with the 225. Way more daring to do that many than I. Personally, can't wait till my new yarn just ordered arrives and I can start a new ripple. Some how my grannie blankets end up feeling so thin. I do use them for those afternoon naps. Which I need right now already this morning. Having terrible phone static problems and have been on with AT and T since yesterday.

    Have a great hooking weekend. We are due for rain here all weekend, happy, we need it. So, I'm sure to find sometime to do a few DCs.

    Kate - xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete