Thursday, October 21, 2010

More Autumn Decorations At Our Home

Mr. Pumpkin says "HI"!

Come on in...I want to show off my family room Autumn decorations.

Oh gosh...my silver candle stick needs polishing!

Don't you just love the warm colors of Autumn?


Silk fall leaves in shades of oranges, yellows and greens gently falling...
The colors of Autumn surrounding a pretty vintage teacup and teapot....


The beautiful scenery picture belonged to my in-laws


Our Autumn  Mandel

The fall leaves are made out of silk fabric.  Believe it or not I bought them at our local grocery store for less than $5.  They came wrapped in ribbon in a clear plastic box.  I just placed them around all my regular objects and added some small pumpkins and gourds.  I even stuck the leaves on the bricks.  I like the way they look like they are falling from trees in the picture.

As we get closer to Thanksgiving I have some cute vintage candles I will add to the vignette.

Please join me for:
Gina at The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursdays

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday


Artie at Color Outside the Lines for Vignette Fridays
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Wendy at The Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday



Hope you enjoyed another Autumn tour at Teacup Lane!  Nothing fancy here.  

11 comments:

  1. I love Autumn and everything about it, especially the rich colours, reds, golds and purples, orange and bronze oooh delicious! I do like your inlaws painting, it looks beautiful against your brick fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy your home always looks just lovely. Mine is still in a state of transition at this point. I can't decorate yet or do fun things around here until this living room is to the point we can 'move in'. The electrical is DONE and next week the insulation guy will be out. Bob ended up having enough left over insulation for a bedroom downstairs. This means after the insulation is done I can call the sheet rocker !! I feel we're really getting somewhere after that goes up !! Nan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, everything is looking like Fall! What a pretty grouping on your mantel, I followed you here from Flickr and now I am one of your followers (: Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy :)
    Love the mantle with the leaves :)
    Hi Mr. Pumpkin! :) so sweet.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waving from Bucks County!

    Hi Sandy, so glad you "found" me because now I have the chance to find you too!

    Are you anywhere near the Brandywine Museum where they make all those very cool natural Brandywine Critter Christmas ornaments? I tried it, but found working with natural materials was not my niche, so back to wood and clay I went! I do appreciate the work involved in making those cute things.

    Consider me a new follower/friend!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors of your Autumn mantle - it is a very fun time to add decorative touches!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just look at all I've missed. Glad to be back home and hope to get back to normal posting really, really soon. What fun you are having getting ready for turkey day.

    Off to make the rounds...still trying to catch up with everyone.

    Have a super-duper weekend,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty fall mantle girl..Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning~ Your home decorated for fall looks gorgeous! I tried to come by and comment before- but it wasn't working- but trying again now. I love the leaves- the 'falling' ones are so cute too! I like how you have added the teapot & cup in there too- very sweet. Thank you for joining Feathered Nest Friday this week and sharing this! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely fall decorating. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete