Thursday, January 20, 2011

Our Wallpapered Two Story Foyer

Our foyer wallpaper print



I'm wondering if I am finally in style?  

LOL! 

Many designers/blogs are showing wallpaper with bold prints again.  

I can't take credit for the wallpaper in our foyer and dining room as the previous owners installed it.  But I liked it enough to leave it alone when we moved in eleven years ago this month. 

We have a beautiful two story foyer with an open staircase landing on the second floor that I love because of the flood of light that fills the space.  

Framed wallpaper panels

I like these framed panels of wallpaper that help to warm up the large surface wall area of the foyer.

Our dramatic two story foyer with our bold wallpaper.

Our foyer rug...it has a similar flower look to it like the foyer wallpaper!

I even found a rug that has a similar flower design to place at the front door.  


Dining room wallpaper, border paper, molding and chair rail.

Our dining room has a similar wallpaper pattern in the same shades with a border above the chair rail.  

Dining room wallpaper design

We have only ever wallpapered one room in one of our homes.  We wallpapered the bathroom in our first home.   I'm sure we would have just painted the walls in this house if it hadn't been wallpapered by the previous owners when we moved in.  But I'm glad that it was as it enhances the foyer and gives it that special POP.  I haven't tired of this look yet.

Thanks for joining me to take a look at our foyer! 

Please join me for:
Make It My Day at Backyard Eden
Gina at The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Artie at Color Outside the Lines for Vignette Fridays

Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Wendy at The Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday
 Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show of Your Cottage Monday

Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday   


14 comments:

  1. Sandy, I like wallpaper. I like yours, too :D All of our bathrooms are wallpapered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it, Sandy. I wouldn't have changed it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really lovely. I like the treatment of framing the wallpaper so it looks very stylish. I can see why you never changed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the trim around the wallpaper ~ looks great!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha yes you are right -it's into fashion again, you just have to wait.Remember the wedge shoes in the seventies??Everything comes around again so all this decorating according to the latest trend - don't get stressed about it !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I linked over from Feathered Nest Friday. I love the wallpaper. I also have a two story entry. I have always wanted to wallpaper it, but I have been afraid I would tire of it. You just inspired me tremendously when I saw that there were framed out portions wallpapered. Now that I could live with. I love what you chose...I think it's classic. I am your latest follower. I would love if you would come check out my blog and follow me back at www.diybydesign.blogspot.com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there~ I love the wallpaper and that pattern is beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooohhh i love your wall paper!.. elegant! seriously beautiful wall! love it! and your carpet just lovely! my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful...and makes it warm and so pretty no pictures are needed. Thanks for sharing--I have a spot I am going to try this with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are right! I've seen Candice Olson on HGTV doing all sorts of wallpaper just like that. Your home is lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! And oh, so very "Austen"!


    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty wallpaper. Good choice, I really like the design and subtleness of the color. Very serene but it pops.

    Stopping by from SOYCM.
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! They are such classic designs. They work because they read netural and there is no harsh contrast--to me that is what dates so many wallpapers and just about anything for that matter! So glad you kept it up all this time! Mikey @ Shabby French Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandy this is simply terrific! Love the wallpaper panels!
    Looks great!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete