Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cottage & Red

Cottage and RED just go together! 



A beautiful quilted red and white checkered bedspread.  

And a chipped, vintage iron bed frame in white.  Love it.




A vintage white hutch with red trim showcasing vintage dishes in red and white.



Pretty red and blue dishes in florals and poke a dots.



A kitchen filled with vintage aprons and tins... all touched with red...and a red chair.



Three cute painted little chairs and I want that red and white rug!



Be still my beating heart!

I love the blue and white striped painted floor with that fantastic red and white quilt bedspread.

And what a cute foot stool in red and white fabric design.




I love the painted red bottom cabinets with white ones on top.  

I'm dying to paint my wood oak cabinets.


Ok - I know ~ only one project at a time.

I'm still fussing with my Guest Bathroom curtains that I blogged about (here)...stay tuned to see the final results. 

And I'm working on the border/edging of my little red and white striped crochet rug. 

Red and White stripes.
  
Working on the border/edging of my little red and white striped rug.

And there are more REDs to enjoy with our host, Sue, at 



It's A Very Cherry World


for REDnesday!


P.S.

I'm doing a "shout out" about my Christmas blog ~ Sandy Snowflake (here).  

It's up and running so hop on over and take a look.   

It's dedicated 24/7, 365 days just to Christmas. 

There's lots of RED there to drool over daily.

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and have a lovely day.

UPDATE 2PM:

We just had an earthquake here!  
!
Hubby is out running errands and I was sitting at my computer pinning and blogging and all of a sudden the whole house started shaking!  I mean really shaking...it scared me to death.   Lasted maybe a minute but seemed like forever.  I could feel the whole house just shaking hard...it was so scary.

The TV news is finally reporting it.  It was centered NW of Richmond and 87 miles SW of D.C.  They are reporting the magnitude at 5.9 maybe even 6.0.

This is the 2nd earthquake I have felt since living here in SE Pennsylvania.  Maybe you folks out on the West Coast are use to this but not me.  Tornadoes...yes....use to them.  Earthquakes...no...NOT!  


10 comments:

  1. Some of those pictures remind me of the summers at Grandma's cottage at the lake!!
    Have a Wonderful Day!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about the earthquake Sandy. It must be dreadfully worrying.
    I love the rug, you are churning out the most beautiful work. I am loving it.
    Cogratulations!
    I love white furniture too.
    Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red and white rug is so pretty. You're off to a good start. I have always loved red in the kitchen. I have a red tea pot and rooster in mine. It just makes a room 'pop' with color.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice red presentation. You have several very vintage goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The apron-and-tins photo reminds me so much of my grandmother's kitchen. Thanks for awakening some really pleasant memories!

    SEEING RED

    A man who was out of his head
    Was claiming he always saw red.
    He saw it all day,
    At work and at play,
    And saw it at night while in bed.


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Teleférico rojo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed all the red photos. I love red! Your rug is turning out so cute too. Send me some motivation to finish something...anything! I have so many I need to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every image is red-a-licous. I love the little chairs and I agree that rug is wonderful. Your rug looks like it will be great too.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandy,
    The perfect post for me..I love red..
    The red and white Ohio Star quilt is beautiful. I just finished a red, white and blue Ohio Star quilt. The red kitchen cabinets are "sweet" I would love to paint my Oak cabinets, but I fist have to talk Gary into it...LOL
    I really enjoyed your post today.
    Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post. If you don't mind me asking, the bowls, are they vintage or did you buy them new. I would love to have some like them. They are beautiful. Do they have a name on the bottom? Thanks
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary,
      The bowls are not mine. The photo is from Pinterest - click on the photo and it will take you to the original owner of the photo. Perhaps you can leave a comment on Pinterest regarding where to find the bowls.

      Delete