Monday, January 16, 2012

Christmas Round Ripple


Remember this?  

I've added another two rounds of red to my Christmas Round Ripple.  

It's growing very slowly.




Next I'm going to crochet:  white, then dark green followed by another round of white.

Or I may change my mind cause I do that quite often!



This is my first try at a round ripple.  

I couldn't follow either pattern I tried so I'm doing my own thing now.  

The challenge is to keep it flat.  

And it is a challenge - believe me.



I guess I'll join sweetie pie Pammy Sue's (Scotty's Place) round ripple party she started over on Flickr.

Pammy Sue says you can use any round ripple pattern or try the free one she has posted (here).

OK so grab your hook and yarn and come on over and join Pammy Sue's party.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely! I learned to crochet last year so I'll check out the pattern on Ravelry and see if I can give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't suppose you are sketching a pattern as you go to share with us later ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before I post my made up pattern I want to make sure it is lying flat as I go. This is my first try so I'm not sure how it will turn out. But there are many free patterns out there you can use too.

      Delete
  3. It looks very pretty, Sandy. I don't think I will try crocheting a round pattern for a while, til I get back into the swing of it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining the group, Sandy! I'm loving your pattern. I ran out of yarn and need to get to Hobby Lobby today for another skein or two to finish mine up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulously fun. And I still love the colors here. Isn't crocheting in the round fun. I also love to see you working with you lighting stage. It's still on my list of things to get. And of course, I adore Pandora, but have yet to start. Another thing to add to the list.

    ReplyDelete