Thursday, January 19, 2012

Our Vintage Bunnykins Set

"Visiting The Cottage"
Royal Doulton "Bunnykins" 

If you look at my sidebar you can see a listing of my most popular postings.  

I'm always surprised that the post with the most hits is 

Vintage Royal Doulton "Bunnykins" signed by Barbara Vernon

I shot the photos for that posting in natural light on my dining room table.  I thought I would see if the china would  photograph better using our new light box and lamps.

This cute set was passed down from Hubby's Mom.  I can only assume they were his as a baby.   

"The Proposal"

Awwwww....so romantic!

The Kiss

The cup, "The Proposal,"  above shows Mr. Bunnykins kissing his fiancee after his proposal.


The backstamp for the cup with the lion coloured brown is c1937-1953.


Our Mismatched Royal Doulton Bunnykins Set
Signature by Barbara Vernon

After some research on the internet I discovered the bowl, "Visiting the Cottage," is a different subject than the cup.

 "Bunnykins" backstamp for the bowl is c1934 - 1937.

Even the backstamps are cute as can be!

Do you have a "Bunnykins"?

I'm glad we do because I love bunnies!



Join me for:

Cindy's Show & Tell Friday


Ivy and Elephants

5 comments:

  1. I always like the Bunnykins dishes. I have given them for gifts to new babies over the years. They are very adorable. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are so sweet. I think I may have bought something like this for my grandson 22 years ago. Or maybe that was a Beatrix Potter set, yes that was it and only the plate is left I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do not have Bunnykins we have Peter Rabbit instead. I love all of the little bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the bowl and the cup from childhood myself. Love these

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I never tire of looking at your tea cups!!!!

    ReplyDelete