Friday, March 23, 2012

It's Beginning to Look Like...


EASTER!

Would you believe me if I told you I just took down my Valentine's mantel today?
 It's the sad truth.

But now that the birds are singing...the trees are budding out and spring is here in all it's glory I better get a move on it and start decorating for Easter.


Unfortunately the weeds are also here taking over the yard. LOL!

 We turned the furnace off today and opened the french door to our screened in porch. I love this time of year before the humidity takes over and the house is shut up for AC.



Did I ever tell you the story of Ms. Ugly...my bunny head?

 My Aunt Jeanne and I loved to go shopping.  We went to the cute town of St. Charles in the Chicago area and found what we thought were delightful bunnies to display at Easter.  We proudly showed them off to our hubbies when we returned home to which my hubby said, "That is the ugliest bunny I have ever seen!"   My aunt and I took a really good look and totally agreed!

That was many years ago so every time I bring out Ms. Ugly I think of my fun times shopping with my sweet aunt...who by the way turns 86 years young this month.

 Happy Birthday Aunt Jeanne!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Awwww I don't think she is ugly, just needed braces in her youth! lol HB to your aunt and blessings too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had an ugly rabbit once. This artist make the cutest owls and I asked her to make me a rabbit, big mistake as it was so ugly but of course to be polite I paid her and took it. I'm trying to remember how I finally got rid of that thing, maybe when we moved up to AK. What you see in your yard I won't see until July.

    ReplyDelete