Thursday, October 25, 2012

Jack o'Lanterns

Don't ya just love Pinterest

 Here's another cute, cheap and easy Halloween craft project I found there.

                                                                     Source: familyfun.go.com via Jen on Pinterest



All I had to do was save two milk jugs and one OJ bottle in order to try out this DIY.

All materials needed were on hand so it didn't cost me a cent to make these.

Gather together scissors, paper, pencil, black felt tip pen, two empty and washed milk jugs and OJ bottle and three small battery candles.


Hubby used a craft knife and cut out the small holes in the back of the jugs to insert the battery candles.


I drew a Jack o'Lantern face for a pattern and cut out the holes. 

You can also free draw the faces directly onto the jugs.


 Then I taped the pattern to the jug and filled in the holes with a black felt tip pen.


Easy as pie and in just a few minutes I had three cute and FREE Halloween decorations.


You could easily use a string of lights inside the items instead of using battery candles.


Hubby suggested - if I planned to place them outside - to put small white stones inside the jugs to weigh them down so the wind doesn't blow them away.



I love these battery candles - they change colors from red, green, blue and yellow.

Hope I inspired you to try this easy and breezy project!



Please join me for:

Cindy's Show & Tell Friday 

8 comments:

  1. Very cute, Sandy. If it was colder, you could fill with water and they would freeze solid and not move. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cutest!
    I'm on this...
    xo, Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea! Thanks for sharing! My son will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea Sandy, it looks absolutely great, I will try to do this too.;) Have a great weekend,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your idea. Will pass this along to friends. We don't get trick or treaters in our area. We have no street lights and it is dark at night. Better to see the stars.

    Did you know that those milk jugs are supposed to keep cats out of your yard. We use them around here all the time. The cats think they are ghosts!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too Darn Cute Sandy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I'm gonna make a couple of these when we get home, but maybe Christmas ones.

    ReplyDelete