Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Love Ablooming !

I may have to take my Janome MC 12000 in for repair.  

This week I received a curtesy call from my sewing store reminding me that my Janome sewing machine is a year old (already???) and they recommend an annual service check up.  

Isn't this blue bonnet fabric cute?

At the time I thought, " Is this really necessary?"  

I mean I had my New Home for 29 years and only had it serviced twice in all that time.  

But today I noticed that my bobbin isn't winding correctly.  

The bobbin winder runs at high speed for a second or two and then runs at very low speed regardless of the speed setting and stops before it is done winding completely. 

Look at the cute flower pot heart appliqué with fabric flange.
And see where I embroidered  "Love Abloom" in green thread.

I remembered at my last Embroidery Club session it did the same thing until the instructor looked at it and (I think) changed a setting.    

I tried changing some machine settings but no luck.

I don't know if the problem is with my machine's settings or if something is broke.   

If I take it in I will be without it for a week.  

With that in mind I figured I better get this month's "Party with Patrick" project completed. 

My sewing craft room.

January's project is a placemat called, "Love Abloom".  

It's a work in progress and the appliqué flower pot has an adorable appliqué red velveteen heart.  

I dug through my fabric stash and found red velveteen fabric that I've had on hand since the 1980s. 

See…it pays to keep stuff. 

I'm using lots of different fabrics with the color red.

You know how I love RED!

The binding will be in the blue bonnet fabric.  


So LOVE is A Blooming!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, first the call, then the bobbin, oh well, they make nothing like they used to, i guess it applies to sewing machines! And yours gets some workout! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I can't even concentrate on this post because I am drooling over your craft room.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your Blog and I am new to your Blog. I am now a Follower of your Blog. You are so talented...wow...I just love all of your beautiful creations that you have made...wow....

    I too crochet and I also do counted cross stitch and Quilting. I am currently making a Spider Web Quilt and I am currently Stitching on Rocky Mountain Christmas by Marty Bell.

    I have a Blog and I would like for you to be a follower of my Blog as well...Here is the link to my Blog:

    http://lindaksstitchingcorner.blogspot.com

    I love all of your photos at the top of your Blog. I too drink tea and I also drink coffee...I change off every so often.

    You have a very pretty Blog...I am really going to enjoy reading your blog.

    Take care
    Happy Stitching
    Linda K, Railroad

    ReplyDelete